STAFF ACCOUNTANT – CRAFT BEER DISTRIBUTOR
Remarkable Liquids is an independent, passionate distributor and importer of the finest fermented beverages. We made Inc. Magazine’s list of the 5000 fastest growing private company in America for three consecutive years. Currently, we are looking to fill a Staff Accountant position in our Guilderland Center headquarters, located in Upstate New York. This position offers the opportunity to become part of an amazing team, driven to deliver the best quality craft beer, cider and mead to our customers.
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile general ledger.
- Prepare financial reports including monthly and year-end balance sheet, income statements and cashflow projections.
- Establish and coordinate annual budget process. Track and analyze company performance against budgets throughout the year.
- Assist in the development and implementation of accounting policies and evaluate and improve effectiveness of internal controls.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Organize and review financial data and report it to senior management in a organized, useful and understandable manner.
- Work with our external accounting firm, loan officer and bank to coordinate reporting processes.
- Perform reviews of critical business departments, including financial and operational processes.
- Impromptu reporting and special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum two (2) years previous professional experience in public or private accounting.
- Account reconciliation, financial statement and general ledger experience as well as a working knowledge of internal controls is necessary.
- Proficiency in financial report preparation.
- Adept at creating and working with spreadsheets and databases.
- Efficiency working with ERP systems. Experience with Vermont Information Processing (VIP) is helpful.
- Experience with budget development and review.
- Must be a detail oriented, organized, analytical thinker with strong communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter who can take initiative and work independently and as a team.
Remarkable Liquids offers health benefits, life Insurance and a 401(k). Qualified and interested candidates should submit their resume, a cover letter, and compensation history to HR@remarkableliquids.com.